Summer School “Cultural Heritage of Ukraine as a result of crossroad of religions, worldviews, and Politics”
After the Revolution of Dignity, Ukraine has chosen European; democratic path of development and for the past few years has been moving towards EU integration and accepting the best social practices. In this light, the main goal of the summer school is to introduce all the facets of Ukrainian culture and society — as a crossroad of religions, worldviews, and politics, and thus make Ukraine more understandable and acceptable as a new neighbor in the EU community.
Summer School “Cultural Heritage of Ukraine as a result of crossroad of religions, worldviews, and Politics” aims to:
1. Ensure the engaged and explorative learning environment by combining academic classes with hands-on-activities, to match students experience with new knowledge
2. Widen and form own view on ongoing process inside Ukrainian society due to cultural and territorial features.
3. Allow students to integrate their theoretical knowledge with practical experience.
4. Examine the complexity and diversity of Ukrainian history through archaeological, social, and linguistic perspective.
5. Familiarize with Ukrainian upraise and formation of statehood.
6. Enable students to grasp an essential aspect of the religious believes on the territory of Ukraine as main motive in the interactions among people (past and present).
7. Provide the opportunity to learn and perform Ukrainian folk rites/songs/dances by the school participants on the base of Karazin Student Theater.
8. Introduce the life style of Kharkiv city as modern Ukrainian urban center.
The educational program consists of 120 academic hours. The Graduate Participant Certificate from V.N. Karazin Kharkiv National University will be awarded upon completion of the summer school with 4 ECTS points.
To choose our Summer School